Spirit, Pride, & Tradition Eligibility
Members of the Spirit, Pride, & Tradition program (cheer, dance, and mascot) cheer and perform at all home and away football games, and home basketball games. Team members rotate these responsibilities. Additionally, all squad members are eligible for special appearances and performances. The cheerleading team travels to menís and womenís Big East tournaments and NCAA tournaments in March. The dance team competes in the NDA Collegiate National Championship in April.
General Eligibility Requirements:
There are several important qualifications for students interested in being members of the Spirit, Pride, & Tradition Program:
- You must be a highly spirited and outgoing individual who is proud to represent the University of Connecticut.
- You must be a full time Undergraduate Storrs-Campus student (enrolled in a minimum of 12 credit hours).
- You need to have physical stamina and energy in order to cheer throughout the games.
- You must have an understanding of Football and Basketball game flow.
- You must be in good academic and conduct standing.