Jonathan the Husky
The University of Connecticut Husky Mascot has been a tradition for decades. From parading about the stands at sporting events, leading parades, and greeting youngsters, to making appearances across the country and ESPN commercials, Jonathan is one of the most recognized and photographed symbols of the pride and spirit of being a Husky. The identities of the student leaders selected to wear the costume remain a secret, even on campus. However, their energy, and fierce but friendly pride shines through!
Tryout to be Jonathan the Husky!
- Play an integral role in increasing Husky spirit and get a close-up seat at home and away sporting events
- Represent UCONN by traveling around the country, appearing on ESPN, CBS Sports, SNY and more
- Be a part of a rich tradition and create once-in-a-lifetime memories that will last a forever- you only get 4 years
- Download the information packet here.
- Download the tryout flyer here.
See Jonathan in action at the 2013 Women’s Basketball Final Four in New Orleans!